Evaluating the credibility of science information in secondary sources

ScienceWoman had an interesting post on the issue of college students assessing credibility of the information they read in secondary sources. In my Intro to Psychology classes, we are covering this using the James Bell workbook, Evaluating Psychological Information. Nevertheless, it is an interesting read on the process of establishing the credibility of information in the media.

On being a scientist and a woman : What does it mean to assess the credibility of science reporting? (And can we expect students to do so?):

this post is intended to be a guide for my current and future students. I would greatly appreciate any feedback my readers have for me.

Technorati Tags: ,

Published by

Dana C. Leighton, Ph.D.

I am a social psychologist, broadly interested in the psychological basis of peace and conflict. I am working for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as a Program Analyst, leading our survey research to better understand how our disaster response is promoting equity in service delivery, workforce readiness, and recovery and mitigation efforts.