Resurging interest in brewed coffee

The New York Times has an article about the resurgence of interest in brewed coffee (as opposed to espresso), particularly through the new excellent extraction methods offered by the Clover brewer and siphon brewers. Siphon brewers have been used for over a hundred years, and they come and go in fads. This article highlights the “siphon bar” Blue Bottle Coffee is importing from Japan. I like the quote by the head of the importing company. Very Zen, almost like he would be talking about a samurai sword:

At Last, a $20,000 Cup of Coffee – New York Times:

“If you just want equipment you’re not ready,” Mr. Egami said in an interview. But, he added, James Freeman, the owner of the cafe, is different: “He’s invested time. He’s invested interest. He is ready.”

Technorati Tags:

Published by

Dana C. Leighton, Ph.D.

I am a social psychologist, broadly interested in the psychological basis of peace and conflict. I am working for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as a Program Analyst, leading our survey research to better understand how our disaster response is promoting equity in service delivery, workforce readiness, and recovery and mitigation efforts.